By FebruaryFalls on May 12th 2014
I have come across MANY articles and the following is the culmination of what I have learned.
1. Understand contracts and know what you need to have in them like an escape clause. NO ONE will
look out for your interest better then YOU. Publishers are looking out for themselves, hence the
2. Whoever you partner with to publish your book, make sure they keep up their end of the contract.
3. Try to understand copyright law, as it’s the foundation of your business.
4. My motto is: NOTHING last forever. If you feel you want to leave your publisher, you can ALWAYS
get out of a contract.
5. NOTHING is final until you sign the contract.
6. Don’t jump at the first publishing deal offered.
I would like to hear from you. What have your experiences been with your publisher? If bad, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?
Please leave a comment in the box below.
Available to buy world-wide in the Amazon kindle store: http://amzn.com/B00FYZ66IG